Welcome author Rachel Sharpe to The Power of Love blog series!
Rachel is sharing 10 romantic places she’s visited. I’d love to visit New Orleans, as it’s long been on my bucket list. What places have you visited?
Rachel is the author of the Jordan James PI Series, now available on Amazon.
10 Romantic Places I’ve Visited
I was fortunate enough to meet my soulmate the beginning of my senior year of high school. We’ve been together for almost fourteen years now and have two beautiful children. In that time, we’ve taken many trips and, although we’ve never travelled abroad together, we’ve been to some pretty romantic places in the States. Many of these locations have shown up in the Jordan James, PI series. To me, anywhere can be romantic if you’re with the right person. Below is a list of my top ten:
10. New Orleans, Louisiana – as native New Orleanians, it may not seem very romantic to visit your own hometown. But New Orleans is one of the most unique and beautiful cities in America. The mixture of French and Spanish culture and architecture provide for an exotic look and, in a city that doesn’t sleep, there always seems to be something to celebrate and tons of people willing to join in the fun. You don’t have to visit during Carnival season to enjoy the Mardi Gras atmosphere. It’s like that all year round.
9. Wolf Creek, Colorado – one of our favorite ski resorts is a small place in southern Colorado called Wolf Creek. They boast getting the most snow annually of all the resorts in the state. After an exhilarating day on the slopes, there’s nothing more romantic than curling up by a fire with the one you love.
8. Warner Brothers Lot, Burbank, California – if you’re ever in California, it’s worth it to take a studio tour. One of our favorites was the Warner Brothers tour. To me, there is something so romantic about old Hollywood. Actually visiting the last remaining piece of the set of Casablanca and seeing the bungalow where Bette Davis took her breaks is worth the price of admission.
7. Creede, Colorado – a small mining town just south of Durango, Creede is a place you may never notice and pass right through. But it is a scenic masterpiece with gorgeous mountain vistas and a box canyon. There’s something about mountain views I find breathtaking and absolutely romantic.
6. Santa Monica, California – it goes without saying that southern California is romantic, especially the beaches and especially at sunset. If you’re planning to go to Santa Monica, try to get there and watch the sun set over the Pier. There’s nothing quite like it.
5. Boston, Massachusetts – my husband and I are both history buffs which is why New England is one of our favorite repeat vacation spots and Boston is always on the top of the list. There is so much history in Boston from the Freedom Trail and Paul Revere’s house to Faneuil Hall and the Bell in Hand Tavern. No matter how many times you visit Boston, there is always something new to see and do.
4. New York City, New York – come on, now. It’s New York! Need I say more?
3. Peak’s Island, Portland, Maine – in southern Maine just across the bay from Portland is a small island accessible by ferry called Peak’s Island. It’s a tiny but beautiful place to visit in the summer. My husband and I ate gulf shrimp while overlooking Casco Bay before renting bicycles and biking across the entire island, which took less than two hours to do. Heading back to Portland, we watched the sun set over the bay. Again, the setting is always more romantic with the one you love.
2. Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts – another gorgeous setting is Martha’s Vineyard. There are so many beautiful places to see on the Vineyard from the painted cottages at Oak’s Bluff to the Gay Head cliffs. It’s no surprise Martha’s Vineyard is a popular summer destination for New Englanders.
1.Disney World, Orlando, Florida – maybe it’s the part of me that never wants to grow up, but I absolutely love Disney World. No matter who you are, being there brings you back to a simpler time, childhood, and always puts a smile on your face. Going there as an adult with my husband was romantic and fun, but taking our son there for the first time was even better. I can’t wait until we can go back again with both of our children. There’s nothing on earth quite like Disney World.
Check out Rachel Sharpe’s amazing series, Jordan James, PI
“What started out as a star-studded vacation has turned into a sensational avalanche...”
When private investigator Jordan James decided to join her best friend on the set of her hit television series in the Rocky Mountains, she had no idea she would become a key player in a murder mystery more suited for the big screen than the slopes. With one actor dead and a killer on the loose, can Jordan uncover the culprit before another victim makes headlines on Hollywood Minute?
“BITTER RETRIBUTION” Available Now on Amazon!!! http://www.amzn.com/B015YS0O94
Also Available in the Jordan James, PI Series – COLD AMBITION and LOST DISTINCTION!!!
BITTER RETRIBUTION EXCERPT
“Don’t let your tears flow,” she insisted passionately from the screen. I glanced up and saw Roch and Nikole embracing while the KGB closed in on them. Slowly, a crescendo of brass arose as Roch and Nikole fought gallantly to their deaths. The credits began and I glanced at the clock. It was ten.
“What garbage,” I laughed aloud, grinning at the thought of meeting Roch Turner the next afternoon. I turned off the television and stretched. Yawning, I walked into my bedroom. After doing one more double-check, I was satisfied I had not forgotten anything. I got ready for bed before climbing beneath my heavy, down comforter and closing my eyes. Sighing contentedly, I thought with excitement about seeing Heather for the first time in six months, skiing in the Rockies, and watching a hit sitcom being filmed. This is going to be the best Thanksgiving ever, I thought happily. pushing images of Rick from my mind.
As I succumbed to the tranquility of slumber, eagerly awaiting a much-needed vacation, I had no idea of the depth and complexity of the situation in which I would soon be enmeshed. I had no idea of the sheer magnitude of the vendetta in which I would find myself, a senseless dispute which began years before my own birth. If I had, I would have ripped my flight itinerary up into a million tiny pieces and stayed in the warm haven of my bed.
“It was my life-long dream to become a private eye. Little did I know that with my very first case, that dream would become a life-threatening nightmare…” When Jordan James decided to embark on a career as a private investigator, she never could have imagined that a chance encounter would lead to her staring down the barrel of a gun on the roof’s edge of a high-rise building. As she begins to investigate her first case, the puzzling murder of a prominent businessman that has left Boston’s finest mystified for more than two decades, she finds herself suddenly immersed in a treacherous underworld brimming with betrayal, raw greed, and political subterfuge of international proportions. In the midst of this, she discovers she is falling for her mysterious client despite the hints of his dark past. Can this feisty Southern girl with a penchant for trouble solve this baffling case or is she doomed to become another tragic chapter in an international conspiracy? “COLD AMBITION” Available Now on Amazon! http://www.amzn.com/B00L2OLQPG/
“It all started with a favor…” When private investigator Jordan James agreed to search for the missing son of a U.S. Ambassador, she didn’t realize she was walking into a case one hundred years in the making. The deeper she delves into this unusual assignment, the more shocking, and the more dangerous, it becomes. With time running out and lives at stake, Jordan must race to identify the culprit of an elaborate plot while also uncovering a far more personal truth too intimate to ignore… “LOST DISTINCTION” Available Now on Amazon! http://www.amzn.com/B00Q5OGCS4
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rachel Sharpe is the author of Cold Ambition, Lost Distinction, and Bitter Retribution, all part of the Jordan James, PI series. Although born and raised in the South, “Yankee” relatives first led Rachel to historic New England, which she has come to consider her second home and is the setting for the series.
After obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in English, Rachel began dedicating her free time to her childhood passion, writing, and in the fall of 2013, she signed with Soul Mate Publishing. An active member of Sisters In Crime, Rachel currently resides with her husband and children in the Greater New Orleans area.
Check Out Rachel’s Sites to Keep Up with Jordan James!!!